Easy Healthy Recipes
There are many easy healthy recipes for you. You can always check out this page for some ideas.
When you are starting a Candida Diet some of these recipes would be
excellent for you. Just watch for any recipes that have sugar in them,
you need to avoid them.
Soups are simple as part of a Vegetarian Diet
They are easy to make ahead of time, store in a glass bottle in the
refrigerator or even freeze in serving size containers.
I have several easy healthy recipes for soups, that are highly nutritious, easy
to digest, wheat free, sugar free and dairy free. (There's that phrase 'wheat
free, sugar free and dairy free' again). Is it getting any easier for you to
When making soups the food is exposed to higher temperatures over an
extended period of time. Foods are chopped or sliced and this procedure exposes
the surface area. Then this food is put under water. This process will leach
any water-soluble nutrients from the food. This includes B-vitamins and Vitamin
C. There will still be important nutrients left in the broth.
The water-soluble nutrients will evaporate in the steam that rises from the
soup pot. The lid on the pot will create a barrier that will trap some of the
nutrients and cause them to fall back down into the broth.
It is advisable to turn down your stove burner so the soup maintains a
gentle simmer and leave that pot covered.
A Crock Pot Soup Recipe
Easy Healthy Root Veggie Soup
- onion, peeled & cut
- chicken or vegetable broth or water
- piece of ginger, peeled
- red lentils
- carrots, peeled & cut
- butternut squash, peeled and seeds removed
- parsnips, peeled & cut
- white turnip, peeled & cut
- celery root, peeled & cut
- white Cannelini beans
- salt, pepper
- worchestershire sauce
- Herbs de Provence
- Add all ingredients to crock pot and cook until tender.
- As is with a lot of my other recipes, I don't measure things. You decide.
- In this case, these were all veggies I had in the fridge and I wanted to use them up before I went shopping again.
- You can either use canned Cannelini beans or soak overnight raw beans and cook separately until tender.
- You can also choose to blend all the ingredients or not. It's delicious either way.
Broccoli and Chard Soup
1 bunch broccoli, washed and cut into smaller sections
2 large leaves green chard, stems included,washed and cut into smaller pieces
1/4 tsp. dried onion flakes or 1/2 small cooking onion
1/4 c. red lentils
1/4 c. mung beans
3 c. pure water
3 tbsp. coconut milk
1/2 ripe banana
Herbs de Provence (to taste)
Worchestershire Sauce (to taste)
Cayenne Pepper (to taste)
Put water, broccoli, chard, onion, lentils and mung beans in a crock pot. High heat until well heated. Then turn heat to medium.
When everything is cooked, beans are tender and lentils
have pretty well turned to mush, using an immersion blender, I blended all the ingredients together and added
coconut milk, banana and the seasonings. Blended again till smooth.
It was delicious! Try it!
- 1 med. butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2" pieces
3 med. cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lg. onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp curry (or to taste)
- 2 3/4 c. chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 6 oz. canned coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. cilantro
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp. broth in pot, saute onion in it. Approximately 5 min.
- Add garlic and ginger and continue saute for another minute.
- Add turmeric and curry to this mixture.
- Add squash and remaining liquid and bring to the boil, then lower heat to simmer.
- Leave pot uncovered - this will cook squash in about ten minutes.
- Using immersion blender, blend the cooked ingredients with coconut milk.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
This is a really easy healthy recipe and it's vegetarian too. It is delicious
served cold especially during our hot summer months here in Toronto.
This vegetarian recipe has tofu in it and is a good source of protein. Add a colorful green salad and you have a complete meal.
It's also excellent when served the day after you prepare it!
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled & cut
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 lb. tofu
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 c. soy milk (optional)
- Cook potatoes and onions in water until tender.
- Put the tofu and oil in a blender and blend till smooth.
- Drain the potatoes and onions - keep the water- and add them to the tofu in the blender.
- Blend till smooth and creamy.
- Return to the water in the pot and stir together.
- Add the seasonings.
- To make soup thinner, add the soy milk.
- Add butter (optional)
- Gently heat this soup to blend the flavors. Serve hot if you wish.
- Make it Vichysoisse by cooling and sprinkling with cut chives.
More Easy Healthy Recipes Here
Butternut Squash and Pumpkin Soup
- 1 butternut squash
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 sm. cooking onion
- 1/2 c. red lentils
- 14 oz. can organic pumpkin
- seasonings of your choice
- Peel, remove seeds and cut into bite size pieces.
- Put water or broth into a crock pot, along with onion and lentils.
- When the squash is soft, add the can of pumpkin.
- Add seasonings.
- I chose cilantro, red pepper flakes, cumin, salt and pepper.
I will make the decision whether to blend this soup or just leave it as is after is all cooked.
This soup will be my lunch for tomorrow. Try it! Add seasonings of your choice.
This is a Candida Recipe that is such an easy healthy recipe that I am cooking it as I write this page.
- 6 cups veggie broth
- 1 c. organic carrots (shredded)
- 1 c. beets, cleaned, peeled and chopped
- 1 c. organic onions, thinly sliced
- 1 c. green cabbage
- 1 red pepper chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- cilantro (optional)
- Combine broth, carrots, onions and beets in a large pot.
- Cook gently until veggies are tender.
- Add cabbage and pepper, salt, pepper and herbs of your choice.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool - Your choice!
When planning Easy Healthy Recipes and Candida Recipes always think of using lots of different vegetables. Every different colored veggie has different minerals in it.
Split Pea Soup
I was visiting with some friends last night and one of them asked me
how I made this tasty pea soup that I was bragging about. Well, I
started by saying 'a handful of green split peas, a handful of yellow
split peas and a pinch of this and a pinch of that. She said, "stop!
What does a pinch of this mean? I need measurements. Unfortunately, I frequently cook
my soups without measuring the ingredients. Here goes ... I'll try!
This is such an easy healthy recipe!
- 32 oz. boiling water
- 1/3 c. green split peas, washed
- 1/3 c. yellow split peas, washed
- 1/4 c. mung beans, washed
- 1/4 c. red lentils, washed
- 1 sm. onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 stick celery, washed and cut into small pieces
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 pce. of fennel bulb(the size of a small onion) cut into small pieces
- 1 cube organic vegetable bouillon
- 1/2 tsp. Worchestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
Season with sea salt, pepper and other herbs that you like.
- Using my crock pot, put the boiling water in first.
- Green and yellow peas, mung beans and lentils are next.
- I don't usually brown the onions first, so just add the rest of the vegetables and bouillon.
- I have the crock pot turned on High at first, then lower the heat when it starts to boil.
- Stir every now and then.
- When all the vegetables and legumes are soft, it's done!
- I let it cool a bit, then I use the immersion blender to blend it.
- If it's too thick, add some water to thin it to you liking.
- I always use Organic vegetables.
Candida Recipes are easy healthy recipes, don't you think?
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 sm. cooking onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 med. carrot, diced
- 1 lg. potato, peeled and diced
- 1 sm. zucchini, chopped
- 1/3 c. tomato paste
- vegetable broth
- 1 - 19 oz can of Romano beans,drained and rinsed
- Season to taste with oregano, basil, salt, pepper
- Heat oil in a large soup pot.
- Add onion, garlic, celery and carrot.
- Cook until tender.
- Stir in potato, zucchini.
- Stir in tomato paste and pour in vegetable broth.
- Stir in beans.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 40 minutes.
- Add seasonings.
- 4 medium new potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- sea salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. potato flour
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder
- 1 med. yellow onion, peeled and grated
- Clean, peel and immediately soak potatoes in cold water. (This keeps them from discoloring.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl, add salt, flour, baking powder and onions and mix together.
- Drain the potatoes, then grate them and add them to the egg mixture.
- Heat enough butter to cover bottom of skillet.
- Drop batter by spoonful into skillet.
- Brown on both sides.
If possible purchase tubers with smooth surface as they pose less difficulty in the preparation. Look for average sized, clean, firm tubers.
- 1 lb Jerusalem Artichokes (also known as Sunchokes
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- sea salt to taste
- Serves 4 people approximately.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scrub Jerusalem artichoke tubers as clean as possible, no need to peel them.
- cut out eyes. Cut tubers into 1-inch pieces. Same as you would a carrot.
- Mix olive oil, thyme, garlic, and sea salt together in a large bowl. Put the cut artichokes pieces into this bowl and toss to coat them evenly.
- Arrange coated pieces on a baking sheet.
- Roast until tender. Approximately 35 to 45 minutes.
Suggestion: Any leftovers can always be made into soup for the next day!
More Easy Healthy Recipes in Casseroles
These candida recipes for casseroles are so easy and can be made ahead of time.
Do you find zucchini a little boring? This is a delicious way to prepare it.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lg. cloves garlic
- 1 lb. zucchini
- 1 large tomato
- 3 small green onions
- fresh basil and oregano
- Peel and mince garlic.
- Wash and shred zucchini. You could cut into any shape that you prefer.
- Coarsely chop the tomato.
- Clean, peel off outside layer and chop green onions.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Saute garlic until tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, saute, turning frequently, so that it will not burn.
- This should take approximately 2-3 minutes.
Steamed Butternut Squash
- Peel and cut 2 cups of butternut squash into 1 inch cubes.
- Steam veggies for 7 minutes, until tender.
- Transfer to a bowl and toss squash with lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and pepper to taste.
Hearty Lima Bean Casserole
- 1 lb. dried lima beans, washed and soaked overnight, then drained
- Purified water (enough to cover beans)
- 2 tbsp. cold pressed olive oil
- 1 med. yellow cooking onion, peeled and chopped
- 1lg. clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp. garbanzo flour (chickpea flour)
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 - 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 - 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. 100% pure vegetable glycerine
- Place beans in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to the boil for 2 minutes, drain off this water and repeat this process.
- Put enough purified water to cover the beans. Bring to the boil, then turn heat down to simmer for approximately 30 minutes till beans are tender. It might take longer than 30 minutes.
- In a skillet saute, onion and garlic in oil till tender.
- Place garlic, onion, beans and liquid and rest of ingredients in an 8 inch casserole and mix together.
- Bake for 45 minutes until completely tender.
- Option: You could add a slightly cooked carrot to this mixture.
Easy Healthy Recipes for Dinner Casseroles
These two recipes can be made ahead of time and reheated. These next two easy healthy recipes are not vegetarian. You can make this when non-vegetarian company comes.
Oven Baked Chicken
- 12 chicken thighs or chicken portions of your choice
- 1/2 cup butter melted or 1/2 olive oil and 1/2 butter
- 1/2 green pepper, cleaned and diced
- 1/2 red pepper, cleaned and diced
- 1 med. cooking onion, diced or green onions if you choose
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of capsicum - (capsicum is 'hot' so be careful, if you are not familiar with it)
- Preheat oven at 375F.
- Put the washed chicken pieces in a rectangular baking dish.
- Top with green pepper, red pepper, onion, garlic and capsicum.
- Pour melted butter over this. I use chicken broth with some melted butter.
- If you use only chicken broth, it is necessary to grease the pan first.
- Bake for 40 minutes uncovered.
An Easy Christmas Special Recipe
There are many easy healthy recipes that can be used for Christmas leftover turkey or chicken. Enjoy!
Chicken Salad With Quinoa, Grapes And Cashews
- 4 c cooked, cool quinoa (Keen wa)
- 1 c. cooked chicken cubes, turkey or firm tofu
- 1 c. seedless red grapes, halved or fresh currants
- 1/2 c. roasted cashews, halved
- 1 med. red onion, chopped
- 1/3 c. virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. champagne vinegar (I know you shouldn't have this on a Candida Diet, but it's Christmas!)
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro (1 1/2 tsp dried)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
Garnish with blood orange slices or avocado sliced.
A Colorful and Tasty Rice Casserole
- 3 carrots, cleaned and shredded
- 3 stalks celery, sliced very thin
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- salt (or kelp) to taste
- pepper (or capsicum) to taste
- 4 cups already cooked brown rice
- 1 c. veg. broth with 1 tbsp. butter in it
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Put all the ingredients in a casserole along with the rice.
- I use 2. cups of uncooked Basmati Rice which doesn't take as long to cook.
covered for the first 20 minutes. Test to see if veggies are tender.
Remove cover and bake for another 20 minutes until tender.
Cabbage and Carrot Bake
Slice one head of cabbage very thin. Cook the cabbage in a large stock pot in 3 cups of water until tender. Drain. You can keep the vegetable water for future use in a soup or use it to make the Carrot Sauce for this recipe.
I sometimes cook potatoes and add them to the cooked cabbage before I pour the Carrot Sauce over them.
The Carrot Sauce gets cooked separately and poured over the cabbage which has been drained and put in casserole.
- 4 carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 1 cup vegetable stock or water
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Steam carrots and onions until tender and then put them in a blender.
- Add remaining ingredients to blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. You may add more liquid to thin if necessary.
- Precook this sauce for 5 minutes over low heat then pour it over cabbage in the casserole.
- Bake (uncovered) for 10 minutes.
I have mentioned some excellent Candida Recipe books on my Resource Page. Look them over and see if there are any there that you must have!
Just a reminder... things don't have to be boring when you are using candida recipes. Your friends who join you for the festive occasion will think that this is a tasty and easy healthy recipe.
This easy healthy recipe could be made ahead of time and put in the refrigerator. If this is done, then increase the oven time.
A Lentil Vegetable Pie
- 1 med. onion
- 3 small carrots
- 1 stick celery
- 1 c. chopped spinach
- 1 sm. can tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. cooked lentils or beans of your choice
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 med. potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 c. rice milk
- 1 tbsp. olive oil or butter
- sea salt to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Boil the potatoes until tender. Mash and add the seasonings.
- In a separate saucepan, saute the onion, carrots, spinach, celery and tomatoes in the oil. Do not let the oil get so hot that it smokes.
- Once the carrots are tender, add the lentils or beans and seasonings.
- Stir and simmer without a lid until the liquid cooks off.
- Pour the cooked vegetable mixture in a lightly oiled casserole and then layer the mashed potatoes over top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
Another Lentil Shepherd's Pie
Last night I made another easy healthy recipe that I must share with you. It was a meatless Shepherd's Pie, using lentils and quinoa for my protein. I didn't actually measure anything but I will try to do that here.
- 1 c. (red) lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp. barley, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp. powdered vegetable bouillon
- 2 tsp. Olive oil
- 4 green onions, chopped, using white part only
- 1/4 c. red pepper chopped
- 1/4 c. frozen corn kernels
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/4c. anise chopped
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. soy milk
- 3 very large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 3 cups of water to the boiling point, add lentils and barley and bouillon. Turn heat down slightly.
- Add chopped carrot and corn. Let cook until tender. (Watch that it doesn't boil dry). You can add more water if needed.
- In a separate pan, heat olive oil on medium heat and add green onions,red pepper & anise
- Stir often.
- When the lentil mixture is tender and no water left, add the pan of sauteed veggies to it.
- Stir together gently and remove from heat.
- In a separate pot cook the potatoes, drain and mash, adding nutritional yeast, soy milk, salt and pepper.
- Then in a separate casserole, put lentil and veggie mixture on the bottom.
Layer the mashed potatoes on top of this.
- Dab some butter on top.
- Bake in 350F oven for 30 minutes.
This is a little messy because you are using so many pots, but it is a meal that you can prepare ahead of time. Guests will never know that this is a Candida Recipe. The kitchen can be all cleaned up before you sit down to the table to enjoy it!
Serve with a nice green salad or a green vegetable of your choice.
I hope you try this easy healthy recipe. You can always add more veggies if you like.
A Sparkling Festive (Non Alcoholic) Drink
2 cups mineral water, 2 tbsp. unsweetened cranberry concentrate, ice cubes. Combine mineral water and cranberry concentrate in a blender. Add 6 - 8 ice cubes. Blend until foamy. Pour over 3 ice cubes in beautiful festive glasses.
I have many Candida recipes and easy healthy recipes I want to share so come back again soon.
An easy healthy recipe for a little sweet in your life!
- 1/2 lb. dried apricots
- 1/2 lb. seedless raisins
- 1/2 lb pitted dates
- 1 lb. dried white figs
- 1 cup walnuts
- sesame seeds or raw coconut
- Put all ingredients through the food processor.
- Mix well.
- Press into a buttered dish and cut into squares.
- Roll in sesame seeds or raw grated coconut.
Celery with Nut Butter
Wash several large stalks of celery. Fill the hollow with your favorite nut butter. Sprinkle with dried, sweetened or unsweetened coconut.
This is an easy healthy recipe for dessert. Remove the pits from
dates and fill each one with your favorite nut butter. You can add
chopped pecan meats to the filling if you wish.
Another way to have dates for your sweet is to have a hummus dip close by. Remove the pits from the dates and dip them (one at a time) into your favorite hummus.
Upaya Naturals is a company that sells many organic and raw products. You can easily use some of their products to make more easy healthy recipes. Visit their website here.
Return to Candida Care Home Page from Easy Healthy Recipes
Go Back to Healthy Vegetarian Diet
Go Back from Easy Healthy Recipes to Candida Yeast Diet
Copyright 2009 - 2015
www.candida-care-plus.com is for Your Information Only