Easy to Prepare Candida Recipes
Candida recipes can be fun and easy!
So much of our social time
and our daily lives revolve around good food, yet this time can become
very difficult when you or someone you love is on a Candida diet.
Many people complain that a Candida diet is boring and tasteless. These recipes are written in order to help you take the drudgery out of cooking and eating.
Some of these candida diet recipes were copied from The Candida Control Cookbook by Author, Gail Burton. She suggests...
you think in terms of foods you can have as opposed to those you can’t,
make good substitutions for problems foods and are creative with
permitted foods, you should do well ”.
Candida Recipes that are
- dairy free
- wheat free
- sugar free
- gluten free
are ideal for people with
- Crohn's Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
...and other digestive challenges.
So far, this sounds like there is nothing left for you to eat. Not true!
By the way, you may want to begin with a complete Candida Cleanse. I invite you to take a look at the highly effective 14 day Candida Clear program.
How important it is to eat breakfast to start your day?
Picture a furnace with no fuel! Picture an automobile with no gas!
the same with your body. It needs fuel to kick start your metabolism.
This food should be sugar free. Foods like donuts, packaged cereals or
even bagels are not going to do the job and give you the energy you need.
Eating the right kind of foods is very important for a person with a gluten intolerance or on a candida diet.
Here are some sample menus, simple basic candida recipes that will help you improve your health.
The following Breakfast Candida Recipe can be made up ahead of time and stored in glass, airtight containers, so that it is ready for you at a moment’s notice.
- Fresh, raw oats/rolled oats
- Oat bran (optional)
- Barley flakes
- Sesame seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Mix ingredients with cold-pressed olive oil or coconut oil.
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 180° for 45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 mins.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
can enjoy this with your favourite natural yogurt, or soy milk. As
this recipe is sugar free, you might want to add fresh fruit at serving
A Green Drink This is my personal favorite -
This consists of a blender shake with Greenzone, which is one of the best Superfoods, Synerprotein, Essential Liquid Minerals and Zambroza.
Adding a half banana or a half avocado (or both) really fills you up!
I add these products to 16 oz. of pure water. Blend till smooth.
If you are looking for a candida recipe for an afternoon 'pick me up' or for Breakfast.
Crushed ice is optional if you like a cold drink.(A room temperature drink is easier on your digestive system)
- Put all ingredients in blender.
- Blend till smooth.
Low Carb Recipes for Breakfast
I consider eggs to be a dairy free
product. If you have discovered that you have an allergy to eggs, then
please avoid them. Try to eat either free range eggs or Organic eggs.
Scrambled, soft boiled or soft poached are best. A little butter can be
used if scrambling. Butter is a natural product. Do not use margarine.
SCRAMBLED TOFU EGGS
This is a tasty combination using eggs and tofu.Combine in a blender or use a immersion blender.
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. tofu (soft is best)
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
The seasonings that I sometimes use are 1/2 tsp. tarragon, 1/2 tsp. tamari and garlic salt to taste.
Blend this till smooth. Then cook the same way you would scrambled eggs.
Here is one of my favorite soup cooking recipes. You can find more great soup recipes on this page.
Ginger Green Soup
- 1 lg. cooking onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- 1 lg. sweet potato
- 1 bunch of fresh spinach (washed carefully)
- l lg. leek, white and light green parts only (washed carefully)
- l bunch of green chard (washed carefully)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- fresh lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups of water
Chop onion and cook it slowly in
the olive oil. Sprinkle salt on it and stir often. Use low heat and
cook until onion is soft and golden. This procedure should take about
Peel and dice the sweet potato, put in large soup pot
with the 4 cups of water. Coarsely chop, the leek, spinach and chard
and add them to the pot.
Bring this mixture to a boil, then lower
the temperature and simmer, covered for 30 minutes or until the veggies
are tender. Add the caramelized onions.
Instead of caramelizing the onions, you can always just chop the onions
and add them to the vegetable mixture, that way avoiding sauteing with
2. You can use chopped fresh ginger to taste, or if you use powdered ginger, you would have to use more.
3. Adding Miso to suit your taste
Stir in Lemon juice and a few grains of black pepper.
Miso Vegetable and Noodle Soup
I made this soup using an instant organic miso soup mix. Miso is live fermented food and has many health benefits.
- 1 pkg. instant miso soup
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 yellow zucchini, sliced
- 1 leek, the white part only, sliced
- 1 lg. kale, finely chopped
- coconut oil
- olive oil
- egg vermicelli noodles or your choice of rice noodles
- In a small pot, cook carrot and zucchini.
- When veggies are tender, stir in the packet of miso soup. Turn heat off.
- Saute leek slices and kale in coconut oil in a small pan.
- Boil water in a larger pot and drop noodles in, boil till tender.
- Drain noodles.
- Combine all ingredients, add a little olive oil at serving time.
Cold Cucumber Soup
This Candida Recipe is a delicious summer soup that can be served cold.
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 2 English Cucumbers
- 2-3 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. plain yogurt
- salt & pepper
- fresh dill or parsley for garnish
- Peel and chop onion.
- Slice cucumber lengthwise and remove seeds.
- I prefer to leave the skins on.
- Saute onion and cucumber in olive oil (optional - coconut oil)
- Add chicken broth.
- Let this cool, then add yogurt and salt & pepper.
- Puree, add fresh dill or parsley for garnish.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- garlic cloves, minced
- 1 med. carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 lg. white potato, peeled and diced
- option: add broccoli and/or cauliflower
- oregano, to taste
- basil, to taste
- 1/3 c. tomato paste
- 5 - 6 c. vegetable broth
- 1 lg. can cannelini or romano beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small can of each cannelini and romano beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot.
- Cook onion, garlic, carrot and celery over medium heat until softened. Careful garlic might burn.
- Stir in the optional broccoli and/or cauliflower.
- Stir in potato.
- Add seasonings.
- Stir in tomato paste.
- Add vegetable broth.
- Stir in the beans.
- Bring the entire mixture to the boiling point, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover with lid and stir often.
- Approximately 40 minutes.
Easy Vegetarian Candida Recipes
Steamed vegetables of all kinds, can be cooked until tender, add
olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. You can count on this easy way of
cooking veggies to help you put a quick meal together when you are on a
Cook some rice and some red lentils and there you have it! A quick healthy recipe. Find more vegetarian recipes on this page.
Chickpea and Avocado Dip
I had a leftover avocado and some chickpeas in the fridge and decided to experiment. This is what I came up with. I spread it on rice cakes and this was a quick, healthy candida recipe for lunch. Try it! You could always add diced tomatoes or anything else you fancy.
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/4 to 1/2 c. chickpeas, cooked or canned
- 1 green onion
- salt and pepper
- sm. amount of mayo
- fresh cilantro or parsley
- Peel and mash avocado.
- Add chickpeas to avocado and mash.
- Cut green onion into small pieces,using only white part of onion.
- Add onion to avocado & chickpea mixture.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add fresh chopped cilantro or parsley.
- Add small amount of mayo.
- Mix altogether.
A Favorite vegetable saute that I make frequently is
Cabbage, Apple and Onion Saute
- I use either green or red cabbage. The major ingredient is cabbage so use as much as you think you need. Cut in strips.
- 1 small cooking onion, chopped
small apple of your choice, seeded and chopped. You can peel this if
you choose. Sometimes, I like the skin left on. More fiber.
- herbs of your choice
- Heat a 1/4 cup of water in a frying pan.
- Add onion, let it cook on its own for a couple of minutes.
- Then add the cabbage and the apple.
- Cover and lower heat.
- Cook until tender.
- Add tamari and olive oil at the end for flavour.
Parsnip, Cauliflower & Carrots
- 1 Parsnip
- 1 lg. Carrot
- 1/2 Cauliflower
- Coconut Oil
- Wash and peel the carrot and the parsnip. Cut in small pieces.
- Cut the cauliflower in small clumps and wash.
- Put all vegetables in a steamer. Steam till tender.
- Mash the veggies with a potato masher add butter and a dab of coconut oil.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
Roasted Sweet Potato Chips
Are you missing those french fries that you used to have? This is a healthier alternative.
- 1 large sweet potato
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Choices of herbs: you can have Savoury taste by using Cumin, Tumeric, Rosemary, etc
- Spicy by using Chili powder, Garlic, Ginger, etc
- Sweet by using cinnamon, maple syrup, etc.
Sweet potato chips or wedges are low in calories. They are also high in vitamins and fiber.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into the shape of your choice.
- In a bowl, mix together the olive oil, salt and whichever spice you have chosen. Add the potatoes. Mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the potatoes on the tray and bake for about 25 minutes. They should be tender when cooked.
I have done this with carrots and parsnips as well. It's a nice alternative to the usual white potato chip.
A Sparkling Festive (Non Alcoholic) Drink
- 2 cups mineral water
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cranberry concentrate
- 6 - 8 ice cubes
- This makes 2 - 8 oz. glasses
- Combine mineral water and cranberry concentrate in a blender.
- Add 6 - 8 ice cubes.
- Blend until foamy.
- Pour over 3 ice cubes in a beautiful festive glass.
This is an easy healthy recipe to add to any festive occasion, a baby shower, Christmas or even New Years celebrations.
Are you enjoying some of these quick healthy Candida Recipes?
Your Favourite Candida Recipe
Do you have a favorite candida recipe that you would like to share with us?
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
I hope you find these candida recipes easy and tasty.
There will be more candida recipes coming to this page.
Return to Candida Care Home Page from Candida Recipe
Go to Jerusalem Artichokes
Copyright 2009 - 2015
www.candida-care-plus.com is for Your Information Only